The following are simple remedial measures that have helped in my own life.
Many of these have contributed to my peace of mind and purpose of life.
Feel free to use any or all of them — or to send me your favorites to include with this list.
- Be considerate to your parents, spouse and children.
- Take care of the elderly and the poor and needy.
- Be patient with everyone — and at all times.
- Be content with your lot in life — whatever it may be.
- Practice divine conduct — including kindness, generosity and compassion.
- Practice self-control with what you say, eat or drink.
- Avoid immoral involvement in sensual pleasures.
- Speak the truth that does not harm others.
- Avoid anger, pride, greed and lust.
- Go to bed early and rise early.
- Exercise regularly.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- Reduce sugar products, carbohydrates, and processed foods/snacks.
- Do intermittent fasting.
- Use natural herbs and supplements for your diet and health.
- Support teachers, mothers, and health care practitioners.
- Respect yourself and others — and see the best in yourself and others.
- Keep the company of the wise — or read their books.
- Go in person to see/hear any living saint or holy person.
- Pursue creativity that nourishes your soul.
- Listen to music and/or play a musical instrument.
- Stay in the present moment — and accept/manage reality.
- Let go of remorse, guilt or anger over the past.
- Do not have worry, fear or anxiety over the future.
- Listen to Vedic chants.
- Learn to do a puja or sponsor one through your religious/spiritual organization.
- Practice the Transcendental Meditation Program or other mental/physical, religious/spiritual practices or self-development techniques.
- Read the Bhagavad Gita, translated by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
- Read “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle.
- Watch the videos of Eckhart Tolle on YouTube
- Read “The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer.
- Watch the videos of Michael Singer on YouTube.
- Read the book, “The Rosedale Diet”.
- Read the book, “The Gabriel Method”.
- Read the book, “This Naked Mind”.
- Read the book, “No More Heart Disease“.
- Watch the videos of Dr. Eric Berg
- Watch the videos of Dr. Predip Jamnadas
- Watch the videos of Thich Nhat Hahn
- Watch the videos of Dr. Vasant Lad
- Follow your own path/dharma and be true to your own heart.
With best wishes for your health and happiness.
“Be the Light.”
David Hawthorne, M.S., J.B., J.A.